Kenter Canyon Elementary Charter School Grade K – 5 Public Random Drawing (Lottery) Application Information
Thank you for your interest in attending Kenter Canyon Elementary Charter School! The following timelines and procedures are to be followed by all applicants.
- Enrollment lottery applications must be picked up in our main office. Applications are available beginning on February 13, 2017, and must be returned in person. The current application can also be printed here.
- Lottery applications are due by Friday, March 24 , 2017 at 12:00 p.m. Lottery applications will not be accepted after this time.
- The public random drawing (lottery) will be conducted on Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 8:30 a.m. in the Kenter Canyon Library. A committee of three persons (administrator, classified, parent) will select the names from the drawing box by chance until all applications have been drawn. The classified employee shall record the names in the order drawn for each grade level.
- You will be contacted if space becomes available to activate your lottery application. Enrollment forms are not provided to participants until a seat is offered to your child.
- Eligibility for the lottery is determined by the guidelines set forth by Kenter Canyon Charter petition approved by LAUSD Board of Education. Integration rations will be maintained in accordance with court mandates and LAUSD guidelines.
- Students who reside in the attendance area of our elementary campus are eligible for enrollment without participating in the lottery (Residents can use LAUSD’s Resident School Identifier to determine eligible schools for a given home address). Enrollment packets for residential students will be available on April 27, 2017. Verification of birth (which is a birth certificate, not a hospital certificate) & proof of residence (which is a utility bill – but not a telephone or cable bill) are required. Registration enrollment packets are not provided to lottery participants until you have been notified that space is available for you.
- If additional information is needed, please contact Kenter Canyon Elementary Charter School at (310) 472–5918.
Dr. Terry L. Moren Principal.