Enrollment Requirements & Forms
Students wishing to attend Kenter Canyon Elementary Charter School are required to live within Kenter Canyon attendance area. To determine if you live in our attendance area, please go to LAUSD’s School Finder to check your address.
An annual random public lottery drawing is conducted should space become available. For more information on how to apply for the lottery, please click here.
For 2016-2017 School Year
Transitional Kindergarten – Must turn 5 years old between Sept. 2, 2016 – Dec 1, 2016
Kindergarten – child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2016
First Grade – child must be 6 years old on or before September 1, 2016
Pick up and return enrollment packets from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM in Main Office. For further inquires about Kenter Canyon Charter School Registration, please call the school directly at (310) 472-5918.
To receive an enrollment packet, students and parent/guardian/caregivers must live in the Kenter Canyon Elementary Charter School attendance area or have been selected from the annual random public lottery drawing list. The following will be required for enrollment:
- STATE IDENTIFICATION (name must match verification of residence provided): driver’s license or DMV ID Card
- CURRENT VERIFICATION OF RESIDENCE (name must match identification provided): utility service bills (gas, electric, water), property taxes, rental or lease agreement (may require additional verification within 30 days), official government mail (Cal Works, Social Security), current bank statements (will require additional verification within 30 days), or verification of residency service letter from a utility company (will require additional verification within 30 days)
- OTHER REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR ENROLLMENT(required upon returning completed enrollment packet): student’s birth certificate, baptismal certificate, or court order (passports are not accepted); student’s immunization record (see below), all forms included in enrollment packet
K-5 Immunization Requirements (LAUSD BUL-1660.6):
- POLIO: 4
- MMR: Kindergarten: 2 doses, both on or after first birthday; Grades 1-6: 1 dose on or after 1st birthday
- HEPATITIS B:
- VARICELLA (CHICKENPOX):
TK Immunization Requirements (LAUSD BUL-1660.6):
- 3 Polio
- 4 DTaP
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 1 MMR, on or after 1st birthday
- 1 Varicella (chickenpox)
* The LAUSD does not accept telephone bills or driver’s licenses as proof of residence. Any documentation offered as proof of residence must show the name of the parent/legal guardian, a current date and the residence address. (Resource: LAUSD’s Attendance Manual Policy & Procedures… [March 2013Version 3.0], Appendix D-1a).